Our objective is to promote and facilitate insightful, inclusive and respectful dialogue, discussion and programs on issues affecting Canada’s Northern and Arctic regions that
- advance the viewpoints or interests of Northerners; or
- contribute to the reconciliation between Northerners/Aboriginal Peoples and Canadians in general.
All projects with the intent or effect of advancing the above objective are eligible.
All organizations and individuals with eligible projects are welcome to apply. Priority will be given to small not-for-profit organizations or community-based organizations or individuals that do not have access to systematic funding sources.
Funding is generally awarded for costs directly associated with an eligible project. We do not generally give grants for capital costs, salaries, or events/activities that have already taken place.
We provide grants on a one-off basis, but you may apply for funding in successive years.
How to Apply
To apply to the Fund, you should send us the following documents:
- A brief outline of your project including an outline of your organization;
- The amount of request including your overall budget for the project and other sources of funding; and
- Letter of support (if any) from any partner organizations.
Application should be sent by email to FAC@northerninstitute.ca or by mail to The Northern Institute, P.O. Box 2079, Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0.